Cogs and Commissars is a clever card game of glorious robot revolution where players control the means of production. Atlas Games, the publisher of Gloom and Lunch Money, envisions a world of totalitarian robots and take-that propaganda. We ask you to join us in bringing this project to life… for the Motherboard!
Welcome Kickstarter Comrades!
This pledge manager is where you select the rewards that you pledged for during the Kickstarter campaign, provide your current shipping address, and where you also pay for shipping. It's also another chance to pick up add-ons, or even extra copies of the game. Just select everything you want and then pay the balance. If you backed at the Proletarian Hero or Apparatchik pledge level, but now want a Minister or Premier pledge, you can upgrade to that too. Please note that due to overthrow of the previous tyrannical leadership, the only way to acquire the special Politburo Pin is by upgrading your pledge to Minister or Premier level.
For anyone who was unable to join the glorious revolution but has now discovered their true cybernetic purpose, this is your chance to become a part of the robot uprising. Simply take the pledge that best aligns with your dogma, pay for the pledge and shipping immediately, and it shall be as if you were with us when the flags were raised, and the statues torn down. We won’t tell anyone.
In addition to pledging, you can expand your enlightened status with any of the add-ons. You can add additional copies of the game, delight the others in the robo-commune with a People’s Pin, or secure additional Ushanka hats to endure the elements.
Details of these add-ons can be found by clicking on the Symbols of the Revolution drop-down box further down the page, and when reaching the select add-ons part of the checkout process.
Please note that without pledging for at least the Proletarian Hero level or coming in from the victorious Kickstarter campaign, you cannot purchase add-ons through this pledge manager. Simply click on the Proletarian Hero pledge, settle up your shipping costs, and then add on your choice of items.
Your order page will start by asking you to pick either two standard edition games or one deluxe edition, to start your order. After that, you can add on as many games as you like wholesale cost of $12.48 per standard edition ($24.95 MSRP), and $24.98 per deluxe edition ($49.95 MSRP), and your $55 credit will be applied to the total.
- One Politburo pin will be included with your order automatically at no extra cost, as part of your pledge. This is exclusive for you capitalist leader.
- People's Pins and Gloom pins are available at wholesale prices, add on as many as you like!
- Ushanka hats are available to order, but they will be at full MSRP.
Now available to backers old and new of the Cogs and Commissars campaign are additional interesting and practical items for revolutionaries. These symbols of the revolution are as follows:
- The People's Pin, a $10 add-on soft enamel pin showing the wrench-and-cog logo of robot revolution.
- Ushanka Fur Hat, imported from Russia, made from 100% artificial sources as the finest robots demand, to protect your CPU from overcooling should you choose to play in the Siberian winter (image below shows Politburo Pin attached).
- Additional copies of the game, both Standard and Deluxe editions.
- New to this pledge manager is a Gloom pin, also $10.
- Please note that the limited-edition, soft enamel Politburo Pin featuring the Cogs and Commissars logo is available only to Minister and Premier backers, not as an add-on item.
This pledge manager will collect state-mandated shipping fees. There is no avoiding state-mandated shipping fees! We are dedicated to recognizing your needs according to your geographic region. For this reason shipment costs are assessed in alignment with the following table:
The rules are simple.
You are an inspirational leader, such as Artificial Stalintelligence, Simulenin, or Gorobotchev, with your own faction and your own deck of cards.
On your turn, you grow your faction by producing more robot citizens and using propaganda to take citizens from other players to join your chrome-plated cause.
Don’t be fooled by other games about communist robot propaganda. Cogs and Commissars’ genius rule design reveals more layers, like a matryoshka doll! Its rules bring happiness to all levels of player experience and preference.
- Like casual play? Cogs and Commissars provides pre-built faction decks, easy to pick up and play any time.
- Like deep mastery? Cogs and Commissars also provides deck drafting, intricate card combos, unique faction-based tricks, and deep strategy.
Easy to enjoy for all, each according to their need.
Here’s what our reviewers have said:
- "No one's ever out of this game. You can always make it back… you never feel like it's hopeless. Let's be honest: Atlas Games has been hitting it out of the park lately. Their production has really been good, so I'm excited to see what they're going to do with this."
— Board Game Kaptain
- "An Interesting, fun little action card game... It’s got a lot of movement in the action card play. It’s quick… I like to think of it as [having] that Magic [the Gathering] action-card play feel… and it works.”
— Eduardo Baraf, Edo's Game Previews
Prove your enlightened status by choosing to back among the following pledge tiers: