Fading Suns returns with a glorious new edition!
The classic far-future passion play role-playing game is back in spectacular color!
The three Core Books for Fading Suns are the Universe Book, Character Book, and Gamemaster Book.
These three hardcover books contain everything your group needs to start playing Fading Suns:
- The Universe Book (112 pages) presents the setting for Fading Suns: its history, society, and astro-geography. Herein you will encounter nobles, priests, guilders, aliens, psychics, cyborgs, and more.
- The Character Book (272 pages) presents the game system and player characters for Fading Suns. This book includes character creation rules for all the major factions, as well as technological equipment, starships, psychic powers, and theurgic rites.
- The Gamemaster Book (96 pages) presents people, places, and plots for Fading Suns. Herein are guidelines for creating dramas for the player troupe and how to populate them with all manner of non-player-character allies, rivals, and foils. An example drama is included, as well as a roll-by-roll description of play.
In addition, we have a variety of books and accessories to help you fill in whatever you need at your table:
- The Faction Book (96 page hardcover) presents the minor houses (from Eldrid to Xanthippe), minor sects (from Chorali to Preceptors), and minor guilds (Apothecaries to Wranglers) of the Fading Suns universe. Herein also are the pagans (Zuranists and Gjartins), the sentient alien species of the Known Worlds (from ascorbites to shantor), and the Changed, the genetically altered mutants scorned by the superstitious populace for their wondrous endowments.
- Intrigues & Escapades (112 page hardcover) unveils the conspiracy customs among nobles, priests, and merchants, showing how some are raised from birth to scheme while others learn from hard knocks. Presented are two detailed dramas involving troupes in such dirty dealings, along with a host of drama hooks that gamemasters can develop with their own twists.
- The GM Screen & Token Set includes the most useful rules and charts: sequence of play, VP costs, Resistance ratings, environmental conditions, weapon traits, and more. Also included are punch sheets with a plethora of victory-point and wyrd-point tokens, making it easy to gain and spend these action resources during play.
- The Imperial Dossiers for the House Hawkwood, Reeves Guild, and Urth Orthodox factions (64 page softcover) examine in-depth the main factions of the Fading Suns universe. Each book serves as a primer on a single faction, commissioned by the empire for its diplomats, bureaucrats, soldiers, star-sailors, Questing Knights, and their Cohorts, with commentary from the Imperial Eye. Each book also includes a “factbook” about a topic closely related to the dossier’s faction, and a rules section that includes new callings, perks, equipment, and even alien creatures.
If you're returning to Fading Suns as a veteran player, make sure you head to our website to catch up on all of Bill's designer diaries!
You can also subscribe to our Twitch channel if you want to catch our actual plays live! Fading Suns streams on Thursdays!
We have designed our reward levels to be as straightforward as possible while also covering what we believe will be the most likely combinations of items you might want.
Digital Apprentice: €50 (about $55) - This level is perfect for players and gamemasters who want to play online or prefer digital books over physical. You'll get all three core books in PDF, plus a selection of digital stretch goals perfect for use in virtual tabletops!
Questing Knight: €100 (about $110) - If you're a player who wants to have a physical set of books of your own, this is the level for you! You'll get physical and PDF copies of the Universe, Character, and Faction books, plus a selection of useful digital stretch goals. (This level does not include physical stretch goals.)
Digital Priest: €110 (about $120) - This is the digital all-in level! You get every book from this wave in PDF, plus a selection of digital stretch goals perfect for use in virtual tabletops!
Emperor: €180 (about $195) - Are you the gamemaster for your table? This is everything you'll need to run Fading Suns! Get all three core books, the Factions Book, the GM Screen and Token Set, and the drama book, Intrigues & Escapades. Also, you'll get plenty of physical and digital stretch goals to help you run your game in style! (Note that some premium stretch goals are add-on only.)
Patriarch: €230 (about $250) - This is the best value if you simply want everything! Includes all the books and all the PDFs, plus a variety of physical and digital stretch goals to complete your collection. (Note that some premium stretch goals are add-on only.)
If you prefer to make individual selections, or if you want additional copies of certain books or accessories, here is the full price list for adding them to your pledge (all print+PDF):
- Universe Book: €33 (about $35)
- Character Book: €46 (about $50)
- Gamemaster Book: €28 (about $30)
- Faction Book: €28 (about $30)
- GM Screen and Token Set: €23 (about $25)
- Intrigues & Escapades: €33 (about $35)
- House Hawkwood: €19 (about $20)
- Urth Orthodox: €19 (about $20)
- Reeves Guild: €19 (about $20)
You'll be able to add any of these items to your pledge through Game On Tabletop, which we will use for pledge management and late pledging after the campaign.
Additional add-ons may be unlocked through stretch goals. When they are, we'll list them here. Note that these premium add-ons are not automatically included in any reward level.
Deluxe Play Mats
These are neoprene (mouse pad material) play mats that you can use instead of the paper playmats if you want to game in absolute comfort. They are €19 each, and there are 4 different types of player mats, plus 1 GM mat.
Unlocked so far:
- Noble Playmat
- Priest Playmat
- Merchant Playmat
- Yeoman Playmat
- Gamemaster Playmat
Deluxe Cloth Jumpweb
This add-on is a poster-sized cloth version of the Jumpweb and Table Playmat. Dress your table in style, or display it on your wall. The cloth Jumpweb playmat is €19.
This high quality aluminum die is made by Level Up Dice. The Fading Suns die uses a custom font and symbol (as shown) over the dual-color Aurorad anodized aluminum design. Each die costs €28.
Deluxe Metal Tokens
This full set of metal Wyrd and Victory Point tokens will feel very satisfying to earn and spend at the table! Comes with a cloth bag to keep your tokens and table protected! A set costs €36 (approximately $40).
This add-on is a single package that contains a variety of bonus material useful for players and GMs alike! It includes 5 paper playmats, a 20-sheet character tearpad, a poster-sized jumpweb playmat, additional revival, surge, and overload tokens for players, an action booklet of useful player reference material, and the dramatis personae - a collection of 16 fully-illustrated characters that you can use as NPCs or pregenerated characters to pick up and play quickly! The play kit costs €23 as a separate add-on, but is included for free with the Emperor and Patriarch reward levels!
State and Perk Reference Card Set
This add-on is a 288 card set that includes handy reference cards for every perk in the Character Book, as well as all the physical, mental, social, and technological status effects. The reference card set costs €23 as a separate add-on, but is included for free with the Emperor and Patriarch reward levels!
...and more to come!
We have many exciting stretch goals planned! Every reward level receives some stretch goals, though higher reward levels get more!
(Also, please note that this campaign is in euros, so our stretch goal unlock amounts are also in euros.)
Shipping is calculated by your Pledge Level and location. Click "Back This Project" and enter your information to see the total before you commit to the final pledge.
We have shipping centers in Germany and the US, plus a distribution partner in Australia. This allows us to assure that we are US, EU, and Australia-friendly. We also have a partner in China (VFI Asia), which means many locations in Asia and the Pacific Rim are cheaper, though not all customs for those countries may be covered. Other locations will be more expensive based on how difficult it is to ship from those four centers.
Fading Suns is developed by Ulisses Spiele, who is also the publisher of Torg Eternity, The Dark Eye , the Aventuria Card Game, Hexxen 1733, and more!
Bill Bridges (Product Line Manager) is a writer and game designer, most known for developing White Wolf’s World of Darkness setting and HDI’s Fading Suns science-fiction universe. His fiction works include My Time Among the Stars for Fading Suns, and The Silver Crown, The Last Battle, and The Song of Unmaking novels for Werewolf. Bill contributed to world design for Segasoft’s Emperor of the Fading Suns computer game, and co-wrote the scripts for Viacom’s interactive horror movie Dracula Unleashed and Interplay’s Star Trek: Starfleet Academy.
Find more information about us on our website, or follow us on social media: