Welcome to the Sepulcher of the Sorceress-Queen. She's been waiting for you...
Over a millenium ago, the Zaharan Sorcerer-Queen Semiramis reigned over a court notorious for its decadent arts and lavish opulence. The hidebound nobles of Zahar were troubled by the ascendance of the kingdom’s first female monarch. Semiramis was beset by over one hundred suitors, each one demanding that she marry him so that the kingdom might have a king. Many of these suitors were powerful spellcasters who wove enchantments upon her, but to no avail: The Sorceress-Queen wore the Ring of the Queen’s Heart, a legendary magic item gifted to her by the goddess Nasga that made her immune to her suitors' charms.
As beautiful and cruel as her goddess, Semiramis instead seduced her perfidious suitors into swearing eternal love to her – then had them slain. The Sorceress-Queen mummified and interred all one hundred suitors in her own majestic sepulcher, where they would serve her as loyally in death as they ought to have in life.
For over a thousand years the sepulcher of the sorceress-queen has lain hidden and undisturbed, its undead inhabitants slumbering in torpor until the prophesied time of the Awakening. But now a reckless warband of lizardmen has broken open the ancient tomb and disturbed evils not seen in centuries…
AX6: Sepulcher of the Sorceress-Queen (SoSQ) is a ready-to-play adventure scenario for characters level 7-9 presented for use with the Adventurer Conqueror King System™ (ACKS) and other d20-based fantasy role-playing games such as Labyrinth Lord, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, or Basic Fantasy. Dare the dangers of the sorceress-queen’s sepulcher and capture her legendary ring of power!
The adventure features:
- A fully-stocked dungeon with 66 rooms filled with creepy undead, murderous lizardmen, diabolic traps, and more.
- A faction of NPCs (Thrassian lizardmen) within the dungeon that can be allies, enemies...or bait.
- A unique set of noise mechanics that determines whether and when the undead are roused from their slumber based on how well the adventurers maintain stealth and quiet.
- A unique set of reaction mechanics that enable adventurers to distract, parley with, or even recruit the confused undead that have just been aroused from a millenium of slumber.
- A legendary ring of power, the Ring of the Queen's Heart, that protects the ringbearer from charms.
- A legendary weapon, the Harrower, a dread blade whose gift of death can never be undone.
- A new spell, animate drowned corpse.
- A pair of never-before-seen monsters, the Drowned Zombie and Skeletal Slayer.
This adventure is a classic dungeon crawl like they used to make in the glory days of Gygax's TSR, full of deadly traps, strange dweomers, and murderous monsters. During its extensive playtesting, the dungeon claimed the lives of numerous adventuring parties (and yes, of course, we put their bodies as corpses to loot in the dungeon...) Only the most powerful and resourceful
murderhobos adventurers will succeed in plundering these depths.
And best of all: Sepulcher of the Sorceress-Queen is ready to go. It's written, edited, laid out, and illustrated. The cover is a full color piece by Michael Syrigos, while the interior is illustrated in black & white by him. Since this is Autarch's first venture onto the Game On Tabletop platform we wanted to make it a sure thing. All you have to do is order!
To keep it simple and straight forward, we're offering just three Reward Levels:
No crowdfunding campaign is complete without some stretch goals!
Sneak Preview of the Almanac of Unusual Magic unlocks at $ 5,000
Our next product is Aryxmaraki's Almanac of Unusual Magic, a new sourcebook with four new types of spellcasters (Dwarven Earth-forgers, Gnomish Alchemists, Terran Engineers, and Warlords), with hundreds of new spells for your old-school D20 enjoyment.
If we Level Up to $5,000, ALL backers will receive a FREE SNEAK PREVIEW of the entirety of Chapter 2 of the Almanac, which details the Dwarven Earth-Forger character class and spells. It's laid out, playtested, and fully playable.
New to old-school roleplaying? Want to try out Adventurer Conqueror King System? We're offering deeply-discounted PFDs and Print-on-Demand coupons for the ACKS Core Rules, ACKS Player's Companion, and Lairs & Encounters.